Latest News
Monday 24 November 2014

Ancelotti: Madrid contract discussions are under way


Ancelotti: Madrid contract discussions are under way

The 55-year-old says he wants to play a big part in the club's history and has revealed that he is aiming to win the Club World Cup with the European champions

Carlo Ancelotti  has revealed talks over a new contract at Real Madrid are under way.
The Italian coach replaced Jose Mourinho in the Bernabeu hot-seat in the summer of 2013 and guided them to an elusive 10th European Cup, beating city rivals Atletico after extra time in the final.

Ancelotti, though, says he wants to play a bigger part in los Blancos' history and remain for a long time.
“I hope to be in the history of Madrid not only for la Decima," he told  La Repubblica.  "I have a contract until 2016 and we are talking about my renewal."
"Real is very well structured. The members elect the president every four years, and he becomes a tool of control. Here, there is no tycoon, but a formidable management team. Real want the best and, consequently, the game gets better.

"I hope to be a world champion with Real. The Club World Cup in Morocco is not going to be easy, because of the the probable semi-final with Cruz Azul."
The 55-year-old would one day consider returning to take charge of AC Milan, with whom he won four European Cups - two as a player and two as a coach - as well as a host of other trophies, before also admitting managing the Italian national team is a long-term ambition.

"If sooner or later I come back to Italy, it would only be to AC Milan," he added.
"Antonio Conte is a very good coach. Italy goes to the World Cup final every 12 years and wins every 24, so I am applying for the job in 2030: I will only be 71-years-old, I can do it."
Ancelotti says his experiences in the game have made him a more rounded person.

"As a person, I have not changed. I have the same ideas and the same values. The difference is that I feel more cosmopolitan. And even multilingual! I speak four languages now, so my Italian is getting worse! The experiences in London, Paris and Madrid have been valuable. Even as a coach I am less worried and more international."
  • Blogger Comments
  • Facebook Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Item Reviewed: Ancelotti: Madrid contract discussions are under way Rating: 5 Reviewed By: Unknown